9.15.2019

Storybook Plan

My plan for my storybook is as follows:

Overall theme and background: The theme here is that characters from three different mythological stories, Romulus & Remus, Atalanta, and Pecos, are all attending a class together. The class and grade are still unknown. They are all meeting each other for the first time, except for the brothers Romulus and Remus. Their interactions with each other will be based off of their upbringings-being raised by different animals and adoption to those lifestyles.

Individual Stories: Each story will be told by that specific character's point-of-view. Romulus and Remus, although they are in the same tale, will each have their own story as well. I have not yet decided how I want them to go about telling their stories. Perhaps it has been once the first day of school has ended, and they are each telling their parents how their day went. If this were the case, their stories would be based off of what the other characters were like in their eyes. Another idea is that I can have each character introduce themself to the others in the group, telling them how they were brought up, while also incorporating their personalities in there. Now that I think of it, that might be the better option because it will allow the readers to understand the characters better.

Romulus and Remus Stories: Although their tale is the same, their story will be different because they have different personalities. I have been unable to find a version of the tale that elaborates on their youth, but I can use the events that occurred when they were older to create personalities for their younger selves. Romulus eventually killed Remus, so I want to incorporate a ruthless or selfish personality. I might even give him some aggressive characteristics.

Atalantis' Story: She was raised by a bear, and so adapted to a hunter lifestyle. I want to give her an edgy and daring personality, where maybe she isn't too friendly- but not a bully either.


Pecos Bill's Story: There's apparently a children's film about Coyote Bill that I might try to find to see how it portrayed him and his life. Because he was born in the south, I think it would be cute to give him a southern accent, and manners. In his tale, he eventually marries a lady named Sue. I'm thinking about introducing her in his story as part of his introduction, like "I really like this girl named Sue. I'm gonna marry her someday if she lets me." I want to give him this adventurous/dangerous, yet romantic personality.

Possible Sources:
Romulus and Remus
Atalanta
Pecos Bill

Each of these sources give either an overview or the whole tale. These will be important in finding out the backgrounds of each character and deciding what traits I want to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment